Monday, October 26, 2009

Around My Neighborhood In Chicago




I am loving my neighborhood. It reminds of what a tour guide had casually told me about herself in Rome. She said that she loved her city because everywhere you go there is something old and interesting around every corner. While Chicago is pretty daisy fresh and young compared to Rome, I love walking around and looking at the old buildings that are all one of a kind. I love seeing old faded ads on the sides of buildings. I like the newer signs that mimic old signs, or are badly painted updates? I like the haphazard buildings that could either be someone's apartment or someone's garage. And I like the different trees here. I am used warmer climate plants. A lot of the trees I walk by I have no idea what they are. I think that this tree might be a cherry tree?

1 comment:

  1. Love the trees, must be very cool seeing all the leaves change colors like that.

    ReplyDelete