Monday, December 7, 2009

Lolita Inspired Petticoat



I have been looking at a lot of Lolita fashion websites and getting inspired. It's funny, there seems to a general opinion of Lolitas that you have to have the "right look" which has never worked for me in any style. I like the idea of mixing western Annie Oakley with Lolita. So I really wanted a petticoat but it needed to be shorter. This happens to be a huge no-no for Lolitas- skirts need to be close to the knee. So I did a little research and made my own. I didn't use a pattern and I decided to have the side stay open tied so that I can wear it higher tied at natural waist line of lower depending on the skirt I am wearing it with. I am really happy with the outcome! The most inspiring source for Lolita-ness is the bubblegum flick "Kamakaze Girls." I watched it on Youtube and I keep thinking about buying. It's pretty much a big ad for the Lolita clothing store "Baby The Stars Shine So Bright." The lead girl is super cute and makes you want to wear her doll like look.

No comments:

Post a Comment