Monday, June 1, 2009

Hollywood



When I was old enough I was taking off to Los Angeles every chance I had to go clubbing and exploring this city that lay so close. I'm pretty confident that these pages were made during that time. It is funny to see how negative my writing is, even despite my teenage angst. I hated Los Angeles as soon as I got there. Everyone was too cool, I remember that. And I wanted so desperately to be cool. I hadn't realize that what I really wanted for my future was to be comfortable and happy. This is something that I believe now comes gradually with age and figuring out what I like and saying fuck it to what everyone else thinks while also learning to care positively for others and taking positive care back. You know, having good people around you and not listening to the negative defensive words most people throw around. That's what a lot of areas of Los Angeles still mean to me. I place where people are too cool for school because they haven't found what they want because they got distracted by vanity. But a little vanity is good and taking it out just every once in a while is the happy balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment