Monday, June 1, 2009

Wish You Were Here



More from Athens...
These pages used to mean so much to me. I don't know what happened but I am not that concerned with traveling anymore. Nor do my past travels hold the same magic and personal mythology that they use to. Now I am so much more aware that no matter where you live there is something worthwhile to be found there. Especially when you live in such a densely populated and diverse area. This makes me glad that I made these pages. That while I may feel differently about travel and life in general, I can still reflect on these old emotions and beliefs. 

In addition, it is amazing to me to realize that my long obsession with Greco-Roman mythology and history has always manifested itself in different things I have done. I know I have always thought and read about that stuff but its funny to see it illustrated. Those emotions have not changed. While I may not be too concerned about traveling back Greece and Italy, I still very much travel back to the history of those lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment