Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Queen Bee





The one with the red cellophane has a picture from a fashion magazine of Vanessa Beecroft under it that I really like. I don't know that much about her but I have seen images of her several times over that look just like this one- half naked and regal despite the fact that she is an older woman and not stick model thin. I love these images of her. She is proud. Good for her. Rock it! This is what sexy should be. I believe that she is a photographer and that her thing is to take images like these. Of real women with average bodies and question our beliefs of femininity and self image. But really its the self confident images of her that I really like.
The second image is just natural history museum stuff. I don't know. I like it. I feel like there is a connection there somehow between bees, femininity, and natural science. There is really, because I bought a book a few months back at the Culver City based Museum of Jurassic Technology that was all about bees and our historical mythology and superstition of bees that was largely involved with goddesses and bees being connected.
And thirdly red "Sexy" page. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment