Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New York, New York





These pages that I made out of all the papers, receipts, pictures, and postcards that I brought home from New York are some of my favorite. I want more then anything to get back to this style I had making pages in my journals. It was frantic and messily textured yet edited and simple with great use of materials and composition. I built that style so fast and then lost it somewhere fast and didn't even realize it. I see it now looking back. I think I started to like what I was doing and then got impatient. I hope I can use paint and pictures and other relics of Chicago with the fresh eyes that I am taking there and make these kinda pages again. I think that the paint is the real key. I couldn't just flip to the next page. I had to really think the one page I was painting out because the color had to work and then I had to consider the time it would take to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment